Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wishing things weren't as they are

I woke up this morning and in the first 10 seconds didn't think about what I saw last night when I sent to visit Jerry in the hospital. But as soon as I turned my head, I realized what is going on, is really going on. I guess I wished it was just a bad dream. I wish that I could tell my mom that everything was going to be okay and she would beleive me. I wish I could tell my girls that their only grandpa, who's only in his mid 50's will be around to see them grow old. I wish that when I saw Jerry in that bed last night, that he had peace. There was no peace in his behavior, only a very scared man who didn't want to shut his eyes out of fear that he wouldn't wake up. Even someone with faith as strong as I have has a hard time processing the reason for so much suffering. I can't imagine how someone with little to no faith processes a situation like this. Right now, I'm praying that the Lord will give Jerry peace. I'm praying that the Lord will give my mom a miracle and heal him or that his suffering will end and the Lord will take him quickly. I'm praying that I have the right words to ease anything that my girls are going to go through. If you haven't seen the blog on Jerry, it's www.jerryjarrett.blogspot.com. I'll be putting the latest updates there.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

"The Lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to hear as the learned". -Isaiah 50:4