Friday, May 8, 2009

Having a greatful heart this Mother's day weekend.

Ten years ago I would have never thought I would be celebrating mother's day then you meet the man who is perfect for you and in the blink of an eye, you have three little faces staring back at you. I've been blessed to celebrate 5 mother's days now, and I'm always in awe of the people we've brought into this world. My husband has blessed me by allowing me to stay home and raise them. He works so hard that even in financially pressing times, our children are still able to continue with their daily lives and have no clue of the stresses going on around them. He works 12 hour days and still accommodates his schedule so that I can make the most of time spent with our kids.

I'm so grateful to the amazing mothers that I have in my life. It's because of them, that I think I have it better than so many who haven't quite "got it" yet. Because of what other moms have taught me, I've learned to appreciate every day, every moment. I'll always remember rocking my girls to sleep, remember how they smell, remember each giggle, how they look in their favorite pajamas. I take tons of photos, I take lots of videos, I let them help with cooking or laundry even when I'd rather just get it over with, I read that extra book to them at night if they ask. I'm doing my best to absorb every moment all being acutely aware that this stage in life will be over in a heartbeat. The thought of not having little feet running around the house playing, is devastating to me.

I have to give thanks to some moms in my life who have made a big impact. My mom has taught me the true meaning of strength. She's also taught me how NOT to raise a teenager LOL. My friend Anita has taught me true faith of all situations. My friend Jen Powell has taught me that no matter what obstacle you are facing, you can press forward. My friend Debbie, has a daughter with a genetic disease, and has no idea how much she inspires me. Momsie, Julie Smith has taught me about redemption. Kim Burke was the FIRST person to ever teach me about Proverbs 22:6. My friend Jamie was the first person to show me what it truly meant to be a Godly parent & redefined my entire life. My friend Lisa reaffirms me every day that yes, we can do it all through Christ who gives us strength. I think I could go on and on. Because of these women, I'm blessed, my children are blessed. I think of that every day, not just Mother's day. I'm so grateful to them.

video

No comments: