Friday, April 10, 2009

Will this day ever end?

At 7am, I woke Bill up & looked around thinking "okay, what are the priorities?" Looking at my bed, I asked, "Lord, let me wash all the bedding another day" within 10 minutes there was baby poop on those sheets. By 8am, Isabella & Sophia were screaming to the death at each other (as they have been for nearly 9 days), Sophia in hystercial frustrated tears. By 9am I had already unleashed to Bill in the kitchen that I just couldn't do it all. I also advised him to quit giving me advice unless it was something that could tangibly help me (like a phone number for a good housekeeper or Super Nanny). By 10am, we were already at Chuck E. Cheese. This is probably my only peaceful time of the day. Who would have thought I'd have to go to Chuck E. Cheese to have a little peace. Isn't that backwards? It's now 4pm. I've cleaned the kitchen, swept floors, cleaned up playdough, & paint projects, done 3 loads of laundry, changed bedding in 2 rooms, cleaned all 3 girls bedrooms, cleaned a bathroom, made dinner, and looking around my house, it's still dirty.

While folding the laundry today, I actually daydreamed about going back to work. You know, maybe working 8am-3pm, then coming home to the kids who maybe would behave for me since they had been with a sitter all day. I think anything would be less hard than the job I've signed up to do now. Even as I sit here now, trying to clear my head, I hear screaming from the back yard. Sophia just touched something she shouldn't have & war is about to ensue at any moment! If I have to hear one more child tattle on one another tonight, I might just lay my head on the counter and cry. I'm becoming speechless when they fight, not even knowing what do anymore.

Tonight is an amazing service at church. Tonight is also a girl-get-together at Annies. I should go to Church. But I'd really like girl-time and wine. Based on how the next 2 hours go, will probably determine my evening. For now, I'm going to put the stuff manacotti in the oven eventhough Sophia has already professed that she'd rather starve than eat the food I've made tonight. Ugg.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Don't worry, you're not alone. "This too will pass"... Hang in there. The girls fight but will become very close and stick up for eachother soon enough. :)

Kenna said...

oh honey, I've SO had the same day!!! I've got no words of wisdom....just symapthy! :)