Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two quick mommy confessions- shh.. don't tell anyone.

Knowing that when we walked in the door from preschool at 11:30 that I would have to be back out the door by 12:45 for parent/teacher conferences, I was in a rush against time to get two girls a quick nap. In one arm, I held sleepy Alyssa, and in the other, I struggled to fill her bottle. I quickly laid Alyssa in her crib and handed her full bottle to her. I handed it to her not realizing I forgot to screw the nipple of her bottle on and drenched her. Milk up her nose, in her eyes, in her ears, all over her bed, clothes and hair. She let out a blood curdling scream and almost started to choke. Out of reaction, I grabbed pooh baby to clean up the mess (another bad idea). I quickly ripped off her sheet, ran downstairs to refill the bottle & grab the top of the bottle, changed her and laid a soft blanket down in her crib to lay her on. Still with her hair wet from the milk and handed her her milky wet Pooh baby. If it wouldn't have been cruel to do so, I would have taken a photo of it as I can't beleive one bottle of milk could possibly do so much damage. It's now 25 minutes before we have to leave the house and my once exausted baby is still upstairs wide awake in the crib playing after the shock.

Confession number two is that after I quickly shoved lunch down Sophia, I put in her in bed for her nap with her shoes on (hoping she would forget and she did). I figured I could save 5 minutes of having to re-tie her converse before leaving the house. I figure you've got to cut corners where you can.

These confessions were made public for my friend Mary as this morning during a long conversation, she told me.. "You are so good. You have it all together, You are like mom of the year." Why yes, Mary.. I do have it all together huh? Make you feel better? ha ha..

No comments: