Monday, April 6, 2009

So what happened yesterday?

So if you are in my circle of the world, the biggest buzz on facebook was what occured at Crossroads Church yesterday. I'm sure tons of people are wondering what the buzz was about. I posted that yesterday was a day at church that I will remember the rest of my life. A day later, I still feel the same way.
At the end of the 9am service yesterday, our Pastor asked. "what is keeping you from being baptized right now?" " Take off your shoes & jewelry, we have plastic bags. You won't get your car wet, we have trash bags. If you are worried about your clothing being too revealing, we have black shirts." As I was listening to this and as it was going through my mind, I was thinking, "how amazing if a handful of people came up to do this" (If you aren't familiar with my church, we have a rather large stadium that seats around 2,000 ppl and usually have between 5-6,000 people on any given Sunday)As soon as the music kicked on, people started flooding down the isle. Song after song, people were jumping into these tanks in the front of the room. I heard the response was the same at the 11am service. I went back to collect towels to wash at the 6pm service and the response was the same. At the end of the day 513 people were baptized. If I could say that I ever "felt" God, it was yesterday and I still don't have the words to do it justice.
video

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!