Monday, February 9, 2009

I want to trust the Lord on this one..

Last night I came home from a super fun dinner with our neighbor only to get the message that a friend's husband had passed away. It was sudden, it was unexpected, he was at home, and their children ages 4 & 6 were there. The very very worst part is that he wasn't a believer.

How devastating.. I've got some major questions for the Lord on this one. I know that the Lord sees the big picture and we just see a little bit of it, but like with all major tragedy's I wonder what good could ever come from this?

Loretta has been a friend since I moved to Corona five years ago. We met at my Moms Club before we even worked in the Mom2Mom ministry at Crossroads together. We weren't super close but I believe with all of my heart that if I called her and said, "Loretta, I need some groceries, I need you to watch my kids, and I need help with my laundry" that she would be here right away with a bag of groceries. You hear that phrase, "she is the hands & feet of Jesus.." That is truly her. So the fact that something so horrific could happen to someone who loves & serves the Lord so passionately literally blows your mind.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, we cried together at our mom2mom meeting this morning, and now that I'm home, I still have a bunch of nervous energy over what she is going through right now.

I just want my husband home. I want to hug him. I want to tell him how much I appreciate him. Most of all right now, I wish I could hug Loretta. I'm going to pray that the Lord brings her as much comfort as she always brings to others. I'm left thinking about this peice of scripture:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Prov 3:5